Opinion| ICYMI| Just when you thought the Democrats could not propose anything worse for the economy than Ocasio-Cortez has, here comes Congresswoman Ilhan Omar.
Freshman Congresswoman, Rep. Ilhan Omar, completely uncloaked as a radical this week when she publicly called for an economy killing tax rate, as high as 90%.
The woman went on to say that “we can increase the taxes that people are paying who are the extremely wealthy in our communities.” Her proposal proves that the Congresswoman has absolutely no idea how the economy works, no appreciation for or understanding of what made America the economic superpower that is has become, and suggests she is either a socialist or a communist.
The comments were made while the newly sworn in lawmaker was meeting with women’s rights activist Zainab Salbi. When asked how she planned to pay for the “free stuff”, (new entitlement programs and other handouts designed, in my opinion, to bribe people for their votes) her solution was to tax the rich at up to nearly 100%.
“There are a few things that we can do… One of them, is that we can increase the taxes that people are paying who are the extremely wealthy in our communities. So, 70 percent, 80 percent, we’ve had it as high as 90 percent. So, that’s a place we can start,” said Omar.
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) calls for government to raise taxes up to "90%" on the top 1% to pay for the multi-trillion dollar programs Democrats want
Omar says "that’s a place we can start"
In the majority of states, to be in the top 1% of earners one has to make $300-500K per year pic.twitter.com/vlTsZ0PA2z
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) February 1, 2019
When is the last time you got a job from a poor person? When did America become the place where we resent the successful, rather than try to be like them? When I grew up we would study those who “made it” and see what we could learn from them in order to achieve even more than they had.
Imagine for a moment that you were a successful businessman (or woman) with enough money that you could stop working now, stop taking financial risks, retire and never have to worry about money. Now imagine that the tax rate was 90% on any extra money you could earned. Why on Earth would you risk the capital that you have saved up, enough to live comfortably for the rest of your life, in order to keep 10% of the profits IF you are successful.
Now imagine they decide to place this tax on the “top 1%” of Americans. To qualify for this, according to Ryan Saavedra, all you would have to make is $300-550k a year.
If you want to destroy America and turn it into Venezuela, this is a wonderful idea. It begs the question, is the Congresswoman naive … or nefarious? You decide.
Related: Omar Under Investigation For Allegedly Using Campaign Funds to Divorce Her Brother
“I’m just an average, everyday guy who decided I could no longer remain silent about what I see happening to America and our culture.” Editor-in-chief at IllicitInfo.com, a syndicated writer for NationalFile.com and The Range and he is a co-owner of Spreely.com a social media alternative for free people.