The media was disappointed when Rosenstein’s plot to get Trump’s cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment in order to drive him from office. They were then disappointed once again when the Mueller probe went south and he had to admit neither Trump or any member of his campaign colluded with Russia.
They were also disappointed when the bogus impeachment failed. Let’s face, these people have know nothing but disappointment ever since the day President Trump took office.
Now, the media is trying to destroy the president with lies, bigger lies and with really huge lies. John Nolte of Breitbart News has compiled a list of the lies the media has been spreading. I think you will find it enlightening.
- Trump Told Governors to Get Their Own Goddamned Ventilators!
Now that the media can no longer attack Trump over the coronavirus testing (as you’ll see below), we’ve moved to ventilators. “Ventilators” is the new Katrina, the new metric with which to beat Trump senseless… So naturally, the media are going to lie shamelessly, which is exactly what they are doing, even as I write these words:
At least eight New York Times authors shared a deceptively edited quote Monday from President Donald Trump’s recent call with state governors, creating the false impression that the president is denying federal support for ventilators that are needed in hospitals treating coronavirus patients.
In his message, the president recommended that states procure respirators and ventilators because it would be faster — but added that the federal government “will be backing you.”
The Times journalists omitted the bulk of the president’s statement as they shared the story on social media. The misleading, partial quote was also boosted by a CNN correspondent and became the lead headline at the left-wing Huffington Post.
Despite growing online backlash to this misinformation, the journalists have yet to delete or retract their comments.
Here’s the president’s full quote:
Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves. We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself.
He’s telling the governors, Do what you can while we do what we can do. This is excellent advice the liars at the far-left New York Times are deliberately twisting to cause panic, to tell the public the president doesn’t care.
- Trump Seeks Monopoly on Coronavirus Vaccine
What better way to increase the world’s hatred of America, everyone’s hatred of Trump, and cause even more illegal aliens to crash into our country (seeking a vaccine) than to spread the fake news the American president is looking to monopolize any potential coronavirus vaccine?
But that is exactly what Reuters, The Guardian, Business Insider, and staffers at the New York Times and MSNBC did.
This lie doesn’t even make sense.
What good would it do America to corner the market on a vaccine? It costs us nothing to share the information so other countries can create their own vaccine. What good does it do the U.S. to sit around and watch everyone else die?
- Nationwide Curfew!
Good ol’ Jim Sciutto, one of the most infamous liars in the country, a former Obama official hired by the serial liars at CNN to serial lie.
“New: There are active discussions within the Trump administration to encourage a possible ‘curfew’ across the nation in which non-essential businesses would have to close by a certain time each night,” Sciutto wrote on social media, citing “CNN reporting.”
It’s not true.
And unless you’re looking to sow panic, it also makes no sense.
What good would a curfew do, most especially a nationwide curfew?
Does the virus only strike at night?
There are reports Patient Zero ate a bat.
Maybe it was a vampire bat!
- Trump Lied About the Google Website
“Google says it’s not publishing a national-scale coronavirus site,” CNN anti-Trump activist Jake Tapper tweeted to his 2.3 million Twitter followers last week.
He linked to a CNN story with the headline, “Google says it’s not publishing a national-scale coronavirus site anytime soon.” This was a story that smeared Trump as a liar for announcing Google will be building a national-scale coronavirus website.
The original and very fake CNN story can be found here.
Here’s the opener:
Google will not be publishing a national-scale website for coronavirus testing anytime soon, contrary to claims made by President Donald Trump during a Friday news conference.
Instead, a health-focused subsidiary owned by Google’s parent company, Alphabet, intends to launch a small-scale website next week to begin to triage California-based patients. The website will aim to serve a broader population only “over time” — not “very quickly,” as Trump said.
“What we’re building is a triage tool that will live on ProjectBaseline.com, and we plan to pilot it in California next week,” said Carolyn Wang, a spokesperson for the Alphabet subsidiary, Verily.
Here’s the Google Search screencap which captured CNN’s lie:
But now, if you click on that Google link, the CNN story says the exact opposite of what the original story said. Here’s the new headline and opener:
Google will partner with US government to develop a nationwide coronavirus website, company says
Google now says it is working with the government on the creation of a national website containing information about coronavirus symptoms and testing information.
“Google is partnering with the US Government in developing a national website that includes information about COVID-19 symptoms, risk and testing information,” the company said in a series of tweets Saturday evening.
The company did not give a time frame of when such a website would be up and running.
On Friday after the President said Google was helping to develop a website and it would be available soon, the company declined to say it would be publishing a national-scale website for coronavirus testing anytime soon.
Naturally, there is no editor’s note informing readers the original story was a lie or has been retracted or updated, which is highly unethical.
CNN spread a bald-faced lie to undermine the president, got caught, and did everything in its malevolent power to cover that lie up.
- Trump Shut Down the CDC’s Pandemic Department!
Do I even need to point out how virulent and widespread this talking point has been?
No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.
It has been alleged by multiple officials of the Obama administration, including in The Post, that the president and his then-national security adviser, John Bolton, “dissolved the office” at the White House in charge of pandemic preparedness. Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious.
It is true that the Trump administration has seen fit to shrink the NSC staff. But the bloat that occurred under the previous administration clearly needed a correction. Defense Secretary Robert Gates, congressional oversight committees and members of the Obama administration itself all agreed the NSC was too large and too operationally focused (a departure from its traditional role coordinating executive branch activity). As The Post reported in 2015, from the Clinton administration to the Obama administration’s second term, the NSC’s staff “had quadrupled in size, to nearly 400 people.” That is why Trump began streamlining the NSC staff in 2017.
The reduction of force in the NSC has continued since I departed the White House. But it has left the biodefense staff unaffected[.]
It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.
In other words, it wasn’t dissolved, it was streamlined.
- Trump Declared the Coronavirus a Hoax!
This desperate lie, launched by the far-left Politico, was quickly debunked by fact-checkers, including the far-left Washington Post. That’s how big of a lie it is — the Washington Post conceded it was a lie.
Nevertheless, CNN continues to spread this lie.
- Calling the Wuhan Virus the ‘Wuhan Virus’ Is Racist
As has already been exhaustively pointed out, the naming of a virus or disease after a location — including a lily-white location like Lyme, Connecticut — is just how it’s done and has been done forever.
But now it’s racist, even though the very same media declaring it racist is the very same media that first called it the “Chinese Virus” or the “Wuhan Virus,” or some variation thereof.
Here’s a pretty comprehensive list that’s been floating around. There are probably more examples, but this more than makes the point:
- “Japan and Thailand Confirm New Cases of Chinese Coronavirus,” The New York Times, 1/15/20
- “The CDC and Homeland Security begin screening for Chinese Coronavirus at three major US airports as outbreak spreads in Asia,” CNBC, 1/17/20
- “Vaccine for new Chinese coronavirus in the works,” CNN, 1/20/20
- “First U.S. case of potentially deadly Chinese coronavirus confirmed in Washington state,” Washington Post, 1/21/20
- “Chinese coronavirus outbreak has reached U.S. shores, CDC says,” Los Angeles Times, 1/21/20
- “The First Case Of The Chinese Coronavirus Has Hit The US, CDC Reports,” Buzzfeed, 1/21/20
- “First case of Chinese coronavirus confirmed in Washington state,” NBC’s Today Show, 1/24/20
- “Chinese coronavirus infections, death toll soar as fifth case is confirmed in U.S.,” Washington Post, 1/26/20
- “Japan confirms case of new Chinese virus, spread is ‘concerning,’” Reuters, 1/15/20
- “How the Chinese virus outbreak impacts Lunar New Year travel,” National Geographic, 1/24/20
- “China coronavirus ‘spreads before symptoms show,’” BBC, 1/26/20
- “Over a thousand ‘likely’ infected by Wuhan virus in China: Study,” Al Jazeera, 1/18/20
- “Stop the Wuhan virus,” Nature Magazine editorial, 1/21/20)
- “China confirms Wuhan virus can be spread by humans,” CNN, 1/22/20
- “First U.S. Case Reported of Deadly Wuhan Virus,” Wall Street Journal, 1/22/20
- “Here are the symptoms of the deadly Wuhan coronavirus and when you should be worried,” Business Insider, 1/22/20
- “Something Far Deadlier Than The Wuhan Virus Lurks Near You,” Kaiser Health News, 1/24/20
- “With Wuhan virus genetic code in hand, scientists begin work on a vaccine,” Reuters, 1/24/20
- “The Wuhan Virus: How to Stay Safe,” Foreign Policy, 1/25/20
- “Something Far Deadlier Than The Wuhan Virus Lurks Near You,” USA Today, 1/29/20
- “10-Year-Old Boy Raises Fears Wuhan Virus Could Spread Undetected,” Bloomberg, 1/29/20
- “Your Questions About Wuhan Coronavirus, Answered, National Public Radio, 1/30/20
- “Will the Wuhan virus become a pandemic?” The Economist, 1/30/20
- NOTE: The photo in this article was on their COVER for this issue.
Additionally, the video below is nothing less than a devastating compilation of just how dishonest and unserious the media are:
Liberal media pundits want you to think referring to the coronavirus as the “Wuhan” or “Chinese” virus is racist.
Here’s just a few of the times the liberal media did just that. pic.twitter.com/ss3kV5smSP
— MRCTV.org (@mrctv) March 12, 2020
Steven is a syndicated columnist for DavidJHarrisJr.com, The Range and other news websites. He is also an author, whose books can be found on Amazon.com. All enjoy a 5 star rating. They are A Walk Through the Willows, Melissa’s Song, The Tangled Web, Innocent, The Calculating Corpse and It’s All About me.